Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Haiku Recap! Mad Men 4.13 "Tomorrowland"

I'll admit I have been guilty of neglecting Mad Men on the blog, but no longer! In fact, I'm just in time to comment on...the season finale! Wait a minute. Season 4 is over already?! Say it ain't so. This season had so many intriguing plot and character developments that I never wanted it to end! And now, I have to wait how long until season 5, Matt Weiner and AMC?! My little Mad Men-loving heart can't take it. Summer of 2011 (or whenever season 5 will air) can't arrive soon enough. 

Anyways, in true Ashitaka's Angels fashion (we love making haikus here), here is a quick recap of Mad Men's season finale, "Tomorrowland," in haiku form:


To: Don; From: Everyone, especially Dr. Faye Miller
Oh, no, you didn't!!
She's just another escape.
Oh, no, you didn't.


A New Low, Even for Her:
She fired Carla?!
Little girl in adult's clothes.
No one's on her side. 



Oh, Wise Henry Francis:
Read from your tomes,
only adult in your marriage.
"There is no fresh start."



Can These Two Just Become Friends Now?!
The men around you
act stupidly; smoke your cigs,
BAMF Peggy and Joan.



Ode to Creepy Glen
I'm not creepy, really.
Can I have some of your hair?
Making Drapers move



Ode to Mad Men Season 4
SCDP's world
lights up my TV as does 
Jon Hamm. Come back soon!


Special thanks to guest haiku-maker, Lea, for her contributions to "Ode to Creepy Glen" and "A New Low, Even for Her." Snaps all around.  

Photo Credit: AMC

2 comments:

Lea said...

Brilliant!

"A New Low, Even for Her" is still so ~deep.

(come back soon, Mad Men!!!!!!)

zozizzle said...

Mmm. Methinks that last line you added really did the trick in making it more 'snap worthy'.