Wednesday, February 10, 2010

LOST 6.03: "What Kate Does": Haiku Semi-Recap!!

So. I have to warn you. This isn't going to be a standard recap. It isn't even really a recap mostly because, with every new episode of this magnificent and confusing show, I'm finding Lost un-recappable (and I mean that in the best of ways).

This is one of those shows that, in a span of 44 minutes, delights my brain whilst twisting its synapses inside out as I try to comprehend it. Trying to explain my episode reactions in cohesive paragraphs is a little beyond me at this point. Thus, I have turned to one of the oldest forms of poetry--the haiku. The ones I've written for last night's episode are below.

Read them. Enjoy them. And please feel free to add a few of your own because let's face it..for LOST, there's always more to haiku about. (yeah. I'm gonna make it a verb.)

Some LOST Haikus for 6.03 "What Kate Does"

Claire: The Things that Never Change
Oh, no! Moy bey bee!
Somebody save moy bey bee!
Rousseau 2.0 (?)

Kate
...is more watchable
when she shoots people and steals cabs
than when in love polygons

Dogen
Mysterious BAMF!
John Lennon translates for you.
You make poison pills.

Sayid
Tortured torturer;
You've been infected. With what?
Don't swallow the pill!!!






*LOST*

3 comments:

Lea said...

omg i just laughed so hard i thought i was going to rupture my spleen.

A++++++++

every week we will have to find new ways to describe how we feel about lost. i'm sensing an interpretive dance next week...

i can't write any haikus right now, b/c you just summed up everything i was feeling w/ yours lol



*LOST*

zozizzle said...

Yay! Your comment made my night. Spleen-rupturing laughter is always good.

I was thinking about making the haikus a running part of the lost recaps, but, yes, we can definitely talk about interpretive dancing as well. The world is crying out for more interpretive dance, as far as I'm concerned. Maybe we could even get a rap track out of it!! lol

The possibilities. are, endless.

*LOST*

Justina said...

these are beautiful.